Court of Protection


If someone has not made a Power of Attorney and becomes incapable of making decisions, an application may be made to the Court of Protection for an order appointing a Deputy. The procedure can be daunting. We offer practical and sympathetic advice, including the following:

  • Obtaining medical evidence of incapacity
  • Completion of forms
  • Submission of the application
  • Support for the Deputy following issue of the Order, including preparation of the annual Deputyship report

Statutory Wills, Deeds of Variation & Other Court Applications

For people who lack capacity, we can help with:

  • Making/amending a will through the Court
  • Making a Deed of Variation to an existing will of someone who has died
  • Seeking Court authority for lifetime gifts

We aim to provide our services promptly and to give clear information about the cost of the work.